Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What I learned today


It excites me to learn something new, no matter how silly the new thing is.

My birthday is in a week (Ill be 29 ;) lol) and I had to renew my drivers license. The last time I did this was in 2003, I think. It was a good picture. In fact, I always had a good picture on my license and I never understood why people always talked about license pictures being horrible. Anyway, so today, I get there and there was a list of RULES just to have your PICTURE taken. I kid you not. Last time, I just stood there, smiled, done. This time I went to read the rules while I waited my turn.

RULE 1: You cannot have anything on your face, no eyeglasses, sunglasses, eyepatches, ski masks, whatever.
RULE 2: You hair cannot cover your face, forehead, or ears. Yes, ears!!!
RULE 3: You can smile, but you cant open your mouth to do it!!
RULE 4: You cant wear anything on your head, like a hat, cap, mandana, sombrero, etc.
.
I was glad I read the rules ahead of time so that I knew and didnt have to be scolded like the girl who went before me. Poor thing had glasses on and got told to take them off. Then she smiled with her mouth open and got scolded that she had to keep her lips together.
.
(Yes, I did take a few liberations in my explanation of the rules, but the main idea is still the same.)

I did, however, psych myself out because I knew the rules!! I was planning in my head all that I needed to make sure I did: straighten my sweater, run my fingers through my hair, tuck the hair behind my ears, smile but dont open my lips to do it. Well..................I got the sweater part done, and the hair part done. THEN, she said the camera would go off in 4 seconds. DANGIT!!! I was supposed to be focused on my sort of smile, but oh no!! Instead I was counting to 4. SO, My "smile" was only on half my face and I looked like I was scowling, most likely because the camera went off at 3 and not 4, so the lady FIBBED!!! On purpose? Perhaps!! So now I have the suckiest license picture Ive ever had in my life. *sigh*

On the bright side though.........there is PINK on my license!!! Yay!! Im not sure if everyone gets this pink, or if only girls do? I dont know, but it made me ponder a sex change operation and what would happen if my license was pink but I was a boy. LOL My mind works in strange ways, and Im sorry that you had to hear that, but it was funny!!

It also has TWO of the above mentioned crappy pics of my on it. That made me think of Veronica Marrs and wonder if she would still be able to make a fake one. Ok, its a TV show, and its not on anymore, but I loved it and Veronica still ROCKS!!

So, that was the highlight of my day. I learned something new at the BMV!!!

xoxo

S

No comments:

Post a Comment