Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Odds and Ends



So cute, right?? Seriously, Im a shoe person. Look in my closet and you will see a giant stack of Uggs, in various colors and heights, several Jessica Simpson heels because they are so comfy from the second you put them on, and many many many more shoes. These rainboots are my latest addition!! I found that I needed something for those days when the horses pasture was a muddy yucky mess!! I cant ruin my Uggs out there!! I wore my sons rain boots but my lil toes hurt and they were short, so I found these for a bargain!! PLUS they are lined with thick fluffy wool, which most arent, most just have a cotton lining!! PLUS, they are rockstarish, which we all know I am!! lol

In other news, I just had to share this. If youve read my past blogs, you know that Ive struggled with some internal battles for a while now. It took me a long dang time, but Ive finally sorted all the feelings and emotions out and Im in a happy place. I dont have an official job, but that is ok, I am excited about Substitute teaching and the avenues that it can lead me on. I have gotten more active than I have ever been in my youngest sons school and I have found that I really enjoy that as well. I have always helped in the classrooms that my kids were in at Columbia, but now Ive branched out into more areas. I am the kind of person who needs to feel useful, needs to feel wanted, needs to feel like she serves some sort of purpose, no matter how small, or how great, just something. I find that the activities I have been involved in this school year are just what I needed!! Its my Grammas blood that runs strong through me and I always have the urge to be doing something!! Now, my "somethings" benefit other people on a more regular basis, and I feel a part of something with my "somethings". Im also meeting more people and learning new things, and I have a strong craving for learning new things. Your brain and social skills tend to get a bit stunted when you stay home so much, so Im finding that getting out again is helping me to get back to my old self, the one who can carry on a conversation with an adult. ;) The people I have had the pleasure of meeting are a special added bonus that Im very thankful for!!

I guess thats all. I just mainly wanted to show yall my boots!! :)

Have a great day!! Stay warm out there!!

xoxo

S

No comments:

Post a Comment