Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lesson Learned & LOL


So, you know how I say I like to learn something new every day, and you know how I say on bad days that I wanna blow stuff up??

Well....

Im not having a bad day, for the record, and I did learn something new. The only question left to ask is, if Im not having a bad day, then why did I bring up blowing stuff up??

Well....

Hubby was gone this morning, and I was cleaning off the clutter on the counters. I came across the two-way radios I had found last week and just got new batteries for. I put the batteries in. Then I proceeded to plug one of them into the charger. Well, if you are a boy, you might not see anything wrong with this. If you are a girl, you probably dont really care.

POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We hear this sound. What is it??? Well, we go into the kitchen to find a cat staring directly at the two-way radios. I dont understand what the crap is going on. Hubby opens the back of one of the radios to find icky goo. I still dont understand. He then proceeds to lecture me on the difference between alkaline batteries and rechargeable batteries. OK!!! I hadnt used the radios in years and all I knew was that I put them on the charger after we were done using them. I never thought about what kind of batteries were in them.

Lesson learned!!

We go back to sitting on the couch and we hear another POP!!!!!!! I start laughing because at this point I just find it hilarious. Typical me!! I tell him we could have been on MythBusters with this one!!! He didnt find any humor in my blowing up of things at first, but as I kept laughing he just smiled.

POP!!! There were 4 batteries, so we are still waiting on the last POP. Lucky for me, I couldnt find the dual charger, only the plug in, so only one radio was charging. The other one got spared. The one that did have exploding batteries had surgery and is now in the recovery room. It still works.

Ladies......dont try to charge alkaline batteries, even if the item comes with a charger, dont combine the two. :) Hubby just explained this to our daughter, lol.

xoxo
S

No comments:

Post a Comment