Sunday, January 25, 2009

Lets Play Catch Up

Since the last time I blogged, a few things have happened. I had my first subbing job, for one. I know I said I was going to blog about it, but I never did. It was a whirlwind, to say the least. I had fun and enjoyed it, but I didnt expect alot of what happened to happen. I have gone over it and over it in my head and I have talked with my mentor and Im on the road to filling in all the blanks I have about being a Sub. Thats all Im going to say for now!! :)

I am going to segue into something now that was, in fact, part of my subbing day, and is a part of my home life as well. LEGOS!!!! I tell you what, I am not Lego smart at all, but I can sit and watch little boys create with Legos all day long!! It amazes me!! You can have the most rambunxious lil guy and give him some Legos and he is suddenly quiet and content and you can see his mind working at full speed. Here is Maxs creation from yesterday:



Max was very excited about it and so was Daddy. It prompted Daddy to immediately grab the camera and snap some shots!!

Another thing thats new, as of yesterday, is that I started feeding my birds outside again. I really got into this last year, but I slacked off. Partly because it got costly and partly because of the dang jerk chipmunks and squirrels, which are wholey to blame for the reason it got costly!! Anyway, I put food out yesterday afternoon, and all my lil friends are back today!! There was a rotten squirrel out there a while ago and my dog rushed after it, they had words and it left, but Im sure its back out there!! Ive tried to squirrel and chipmunk proof my feeders, but they are crafty lil suckers!! I even had a raccoon coming up on my deck last year stealing bird food. So I had to make sure I brought in that feeder every night. Its exhausting trying to outthink these lil devils!! But I enjoy seeing my birds, so its the price I have to pay...........literally.

My dryer just went off, so I guess thats my cue to stop now!! :)

xoxo
S

3 comments:

  1. Dude, seriously, you just admitted to struggling to outsmart squirrels and chipmunks ... that made me laugh ... nature will lift your spirits if you take the time to stop and appreciate it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL You made me laugh by pointing that out!! Im not alone though, read birding sites, its a tricky tricky thing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have Rusty shoot them and prepare them for dinner ... maybe some teriyaki style rodent

    ReplyDelete