Wednesday, December 17, 2008

So thankful...



Thanksgiving has passed, but being thankful for the people in your life isnt restricted to merely one day. Like I said before in another blog, Im not really a public person, I like to keep things private, so for most of you this will be vague, but the moral of the story will not be.

I try to avoid drama as much as possible, but as Im sure we are all aware, sometimes that just isnt a possibility. Just recently, I found myself involved in some drama. It wasnt anything serious, but it had a shocking and hurting blow, and as a result we had some things that we had to get taken care of. I found out about this drama from my best (other than my super husband, of course) boy friend, and he is the first one I am thankful for. He found out from another friend, who I am thankful for. Without both of them, I wouldnt have known what was going on. I was stunned, to say the least. I freaked out and wasnt sure how to move forward. I immediately thought of a couple of people whom I could ask for advice and help from. Im not normally one to do this, call me stubborn, call me what you will. I am fine with jumping up to help other people, but for myself, I dont like to burden people. Anyway, I sent out a couple of emails because it was getting late and my voice was shakey, so talking on the phone wasnt the best option at that time. I heard back immediately from a great girlfriend, who is the third person I am very thankful for. She was on the job, and ready to help me find a solution. I heard back from another lady and she is the fourth person I am thankful for. That concluded things for the evening....

The next morning, my hubby and I knew we had to go get some things done. We took the morning hours after the kids got off to school to get these things done. On the drive home I formulated a list of people who I could contact to see if they, too, could help me reach a solution. I made call after call after call. My throat was dry and getting sore from talking so much. (I know, normally that isnt an issue for me at all, is it? lol) Finally, I made a call to some family friends, wonderful people. Right away, she tried to think of anyone that could help us out. She came up with a name. She is my fifth person I am thankful for. I called the person she suggested, and although things are not certain yet, as he is out of town right now, I should know tomorrow or Friday. He is my sixth person I am thankful for. A stranger to me when I called him, but a true blessing in disguise. I finally had a smile back on my face. I immediately called my fifth person to thank her for her suggestion and let her know that it may work out. I then called or emailed my other people to let them know the update status. My third person had more ideas just in case we need to fall back on them. I also heard back from a great guy friend, and he is my seventh person Im thankful for.

It warms my heart to know that I have surrounded myself with the kind of people who are willing to give their help and support. Sometimes I dont even have to ask, they just know, and do. To the average eye, to someone who doesnt know them like I do, they may simply be called friends, but to me, they are my guardian angels. Thank you to you all, I love you!!!

xoxo

S

Addendum: I was just thinking. Even though my initial response to this drama and the person who inflicted it was hurt, now I am able to look past it and remain thankful for this person and for all the good times and memories prior to this event. Im not saying that the hurt isnt still there, but it isnt alone now. I can look beyond it and remember all the times where there was no hurt. Its times like this that encourage us to reflect and be thankful for all that we have.

1 comment: