Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wow, it went so fast!!!



I cannot believe that the year is almost over!! All in all, it was a darn good year!! I just spent a long time going over all my pictures from this year. Id have to say by looking at them that there were definitely some highlights!! I started off the year with a new hobby, birding. I did this with my neighbor and great friend, Robin. She got me into it. I have to admit, before her, I didnt really like birds!! My mom has a fear of them, so growing up I sort of accustomed myself to her fear. I had some really cool birds come visit my house!! Rose breasted Grosbeaks were my favorite!! I cant wait until spring to see if they come back!! We also had a big flood the beginning of this year, remember that?? What a mess that was!! Since we are surrounded by ponds out here, we were basically stranded until the water found some place to go and was low enough for us to drive through. Spring was a time of many hair color changes for me this year. LOL Im happy to say that by the end of this year, I had grown out of the hair color changing phase and am back to blonde!! My cousin, who hasnt been home in a few years, came to visit in the summer. It was great to see him!! We had a sad thing happen this summer as well, our oldest dog past away. It still brings tears to my eyes to this day to think about her. She was a wonderful dog and she is greatly missed!! I think the biggest thing that happened this year is all centered around one person.....or shall I say, one horse!! My Sisco!!!!!!! I got him at the end of June, and seriously, mostly all of my photo albums after he arrived are of HIM!!!! He is amazing!! I couldnt have asked for a better horse!! My hubby and I had a great time training him. With getting Sisco, I also aquired someone else......Joshua. I call him my MUCH older brother. He is more than that though, he is a best friend. Whats even better than that is that he is hopelessly in love with my best friend Jill!! I may have had a small hand in that!! hehe He and my hubby have become best friends too!!! Hubby got another best friend this year too, his horse, Mac. He and Sisco are the same age. Once we were done training Sisco, we went right into training Mac. By this time, summer had ended and it was time for the next big event of this year to take place. My baby, Max, was going to be a kindergartener!! My best friend Val and I both had our youngest kids in preschool together earlier this year. Looking back now, Im so glad I had someone to share this life changing event with. Why was it so life changing? Its just kindergarten, right? Ok, well, Im not so much talking about the actual kindergarten part, as much as I am talking about what it meant to MY life. I was a stay-at-home mom ever since Max was born. His going to preschool, which only lasted 3 hours 3 days a week, meant I still remained a SAHM. His going to kindergarten, which is all day, meant.............I wouldnt have any kids home during the day, and could get a............JOB again!!! GASP!!! Ive already blogged about the details of all this, so Im not going to go into it again!! Just know that it was a big part of 2008. As we headed toward the fall and winter months, Im happy to say that we had alot more get togethers with friends than we have ever had any other year.......we get to spend even more time with our horses than we did in the summer..........and we finally joined the world of Wii, thanks to our kids!!! I was also able to reconnect with quite a few old friends this year, and that was pretty exciting!! :)

I wish everyone a happy 2009!!! Be happy, be sweet,
be yourself, and make each day the best you can make it!!!

xoxo

S

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your 2008 year. I hope 2009 is as great for you. Happy New Year! I hope to see you around subbing!

    ReplyDelete