Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Helping



Lately, I have seen and heard some things about human nature that just really amaze me, and not in a good way. Maybe Im just a freak of nature and that is why I just dont understand some people. Regardless of the why, the nature of some human beings really really sucks. Im the type of person, who will help you, whether you ask or not. I dont expect anything in return, I dont want anything in return. It just is. Too many times, people dont have the same way of thinking as I do about this type of thing. That is just so sad!!

I am happy to say that my dearest friends share the same philosophy as me when it comes to things like this. Thats probably a big reason they are my friends!!

I am not happy to say that some people that are just a step or two beyond being my friend, some even related to me, do not share this philosophy. They may have at one time, but somewhere along the way, have lost their sense of human compassion.

They will help you, no problem, BUT...........................and heres the whole reason why I am ranting today.

(Pay close attention to this next statement, for it is the whole reason for this blog.)

They will help you, no problem, BUT.........then you OWE them!!

They seem to have some lil "click" in their head, and begin plotting the second you ask them for help, about what they can make you do to pay them back. You dont have to ask them for monetary help, it can be any kind of help, no matter how big or small, how easy or inconvenient. The "what" and the "why" of it all completely does not matter. The second you ask this kind of person for help, you immediately become their slave until they feel the debt has been repaid. I have become more and more aware of this kind of person lately, and they make me sad, and sick.

Id like to think I am the only person who knows people like this, because that would mean the number is relatively small. Unfortunately though, I dont think I am the only one. Who knows how many people are out there who have lost their sense of human compassion and focus only on how to benefit themselves from someone elses misfortune.

Its something to think about during this holiday season. I know its not the cheery happy side of an issue, but one by one, we can all try to change the way that some people view helping people. Its kind of like that one commercial, where one person helps someone, and then that someone helps another someone, who helps someone else, and so on. None of them stood around waiting to be repaid or treating someone like they are less because they had to ask for help, they just helped the person and went on with things!!

PAY IT FORWARD!!!!!!!!!

xoxo

S

1 comment:

  1. I agree, this is a sad way of living. Doesn't everyone just want to live a happy life? It seems some people create their own problems and don't want to be happy. So sad.

    On a more positive note...Merry Christmas. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete