Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Jipped



Its only 8am and already today I need to vent. The prettiest, best day of the year so far and its a GRR day thus far!!! Im hoping venting will change that GRR to a happier sound.
Ok, so let me lay out the facts first, and then I will vent.
I got into subbing half way through the year, I started the second week in January, which when you look at it like that, my venting will probably be moot, but lets disregard that for a moment because theres a bit more to my vent. Ive wondered if that was a bad move. I should have got on it sooner, but didnt. *kicks self* Because of that, I feel that there are quite a few people before me on the call list. Even though I have a degree and Im on the call first list, my getting called is very seldom. The first time I got called I was requested by the teacher. The next two times I worked, I got both assignments during the same call. Then I got another call for my fourth time. Ive only worked 4 times. Ok, now, my phone has rang three other times (all morning calls, about 15 minutes before 7) and I could not do it because of a sick child. This morning was one of those cases. I got up and let the dogs out, made the kids lunches, then I hear my oldest coughing and sniffling and moaning. Im like crap, here we go again. So I go in with my handy dandy therMOMometer (why doesnt this word have DAD in it?? lol) and take his temp and he has one, he also has a sore throat and runny nose and headache. Lovely. I go out to call his school and my phone is ringing as Im walking. Are you freaking kiddin me???
Ok heres where my vent begins. I blame the cosmos or the universe or maybe karma for this always freaking happening. I sit and sit and sit and wait and wait and wait and my phone doesnt ring, I get up way earlier than I need to because I am taking my good teacher friends advice and being ready for the early morning calls, JUST IN CASE (I dont have a freakin sick child for a change) and the phone doesnt ring. Its like...............Im being teased or something. I wait for the call, only to never have it come.........unless I have a sick kid and then I cant sub. What the crap is up with that???
So, I feel annoyed and jipped. I can either blame the cosmos, universe, karma..........or I can blame my kids for getting sick, LOL.
Ok, as I have written this and worked it out in my head, Ive decided to go with the moot thing I mentioned earlier. Nevermind. Its only been about a month and Ive gotten 4 jobs, add those to the 3 that I "could" have had and thats 7, 7 out of 30ish is like a weeks worth of work out of 4 weeks, 25%, meh, now Im annoyed again, those odds sure could be better........
*sigh* What can ya do??
Im wondering how this works out for next year?? Is there a rollover or does a new list begin, do you have to submit your name anew?? I have no idea.
Anyway, thats my state of mind this morning. Im awaiting the sunshine and 65 degree day!!! :)
Til I blog again...

xoxo
S

No comments:

Post a Comment