Monday, February 16, 2009

Fireproof



If you havent seen this movie, I recommend it!! Its one of those movies that just puts things back into perspective for you when things are tough and you feel at a loss in some aspects of your life. Things have been tough for us lately. Hubby is a contractor, as you know, and in these hard times, the construction business is certainly not booming. He has been off work for 12 weeks, and it has made things pretty tough around here. He did get a 6-2 job recently that he had hoped would last until spring, but that only lasted a week and then they made cuts. Since he had just come on, he was first to go. He got the call last night not to come in today. My substituting jobs arent happening that frequently due to my mistake in waiting so long to get myself on the list. The one thing that remains constant, however, is our love and our relationship. It is very strong and no matter how hard times are in the outside world, and how much things suck and depress you, I always know that inside this house that we built together with our own four hands, things are always warm and welcoming and make me feel on top of the world. We have been through hard times before, and things always seem to work themselves out. I am very blessed and thankful for my marriage and my children and my home. Fireproof helped to remind me of all that I am blessed with. (Plus it has Kirk Cameron, who was plastered on my walls as a young girl.)

xoxo
S

No comments:

Post a Comment