Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cameras, skating, and walls, OH MY!!!

So today I had the itchin to go do something!!! The sun was shining and we had been cooped up long enough!! I was first thinking of going to see a movie, but the boys didnt want to see it. Then I wanted to go to DisneyWorld.....lol, ok that wasnt gonna happen in a day!! My next desire was to go to the zoo.......nope, closed!! Then I thought of bowling. Ok, possiblitity. Then I thought of something that I did often as a younster..............SKATING!!! I went to investigate on my computer because the only place I knew of had closed last I knew. I found a place in Plymouth but it kinda scared me. I decided to check the place that had closed and see.............yay, it was open again!!! I didnt really offer the bowling idea to the kids because once I knew the skating place we had gone to as kids was open again, that was where I wanted to go (Plus it was in a town with a Hacienda, done deal!!)!! The kids have all bowled before but skating would be a new adventure for them!! Max was super excited, and so was Hannah!! Brodie was not. Oh well, he would just have to deal with it, Mommy wanted to go skating!! We loaded up and headed out. We got our skates and had to help the kids get theirs on because they had never done this before. Then it was time for them to stand up. LOL There was rolling, and falling, and more rolling, and falling. We held Maxs hand and took him around the rink. Then he spotted the blown up slide contraption they had and wanted to head over there. I told him he had to take a couple more laps around the rink and then he could be free from skating. He didnt really want to but he did it and by the time he was due to stop he had gotten the hang of it a little bit better. Then I helped the bigger kids around. Brodie was more willing to just scooch himself around by holding onto the wall. Hannah held my hand or Rustys hand and went round and round. She got pretty good by the end of our afternoon and even went around the rink halfway all by herself without falling down!! Brodie went around by himself but stayed on a scooching level, then had his own fun watching other people fall down.

Heres my big adventure of the day.....

I got my camera out because it was a new thing for the kids to do and I need the pics for blog purposes, etc. I snapped some shots of the kids, hubby, and myself. I sktaed some more. Then I went back to taking pics. Michelle and Joe were there and skating together so I wanted to get a pic of them together cuz they looked so cute!! Well...............I went zipping in front of them, spinned around, got my camera up and ready, and then FELL INTO THE WALL. My camera smacked the wall, my knee hit the floor, and needless to say, my finger never pushed the button so no pic was captured of the two of them. I was bummed!! My camera is going to need surgery and hopefully it will survive. At least my pics are on the memory card so they are not lost!! So, without further adieu, here are the pics from today!!!!!! :)


.
.
.
.
.
.
Fun times!!! :)
xoxo
S

No comments:

Post a Comment