Monday, August 18, 2014

To Be a Mom.....





















To be a mom is...........

Seriously, the hardest job I have ever had.

It is also the most rewarding job I have ever had.

And, the most stressful job I have ever had.

As well as, the one job I have had that has made me doubt myself, look down on myself, and judge myself.

But, I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

I have always been good with kids and I have always wanted to be a mom. Did I think that I would stay home with all of my kids and let go of having a career and using my Psych degree?? No. But I am right where I want to be, right where I need to be.

Do I struggle often with myself and think I am failing at being a mom? Um.....yes!! I am not proud of it, but when the low days pass and I am refreshed and recharged, it gives me a renewed sense of just who I am right now, and who I was meant to be right now.

It's always funny to me, when I am feeling low and beating myself up and feeling like I am not good enough, where I find my answer, my confirmation that I am good enough and I doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing at this point in my life, even that I am doing a good job, most days. 

My kids are seriously the most amazing beings. They are kind. They are genuine. They are thoughtful. They help others. They are smart. They are beautiful. And, gosh darnit, I have a big part in them being that way!! Are they also stubborn and bullheaded and don't let people push them around and think they know more than me?? lol Yep!!! I also have a big part in that. hehe

I know I am not alone on feeling like this. I know that I will stumble again and struggle. 

And that's ok.....

I am me. I am real. I am good enough. I AM A MOM!!!

:)

Til next time...
xoxo
S

No comments:

Post a Comment