Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I'm Back!!

















To be honest, I hadn't even thought of my blog in a very long time. Life has been crazy and a constant chaos and blogging, sadly, just never seemed to make it onto my TO DO list each day. Well, today, a friend of mine (Hi Beth!!) asked me about my blog and I went "Oh yeah, I did used to blog!!". So, here I am!! And let me tell ya.......after looking back over my last posts on here, I just wanna say WOW!!! I had a lil bit of stuff goin on, huh?? lmao

I am happy to report that that "stuff", is in the past. I admit I had alot of things to work on, some things got stuck in my head and were on repeat for quite a while. I had some growing and learning to do in order to be able to LET IT GO. But, I am in a good place now. I am..............HAPPY. Say what?? lol

My very last post was about finding myself. Well actually, not to very long ago, in fact, I had an epiphany. I have been where I belong since a little before Leo was born, so two years and some change. I don't know why I didn't see it or realize it sooner, or maybe I did and just didn't know it enough to put it into words. But one day it just hit me and I was like "DUH, Stef" and then I just smiled because it made me happy. I bet you probably wanna know just where I belong, don't ya?? Well, if ya don't then you can leave now. If you do, then you will probably say you already knew that when you hear it. The place I feel like I belong is........................drumroll please..............our ANIMAL CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, let's all hear the gigantic DUHHHHHHH!!!! ;) It's ok, I can take it. Promise!! Anyway, the Animal Center........it started with seeing a dog that was just so adorable, I knew I had to have him. Mocha. Adopted. Then it progressed into fostering dogs and helping to find them homes and while I had them in my home, work on training and socializing them. Well, I had quite a few successes!!!! But then, I slowly but surely turned into a Foster Failure. lmao I began ADOPTING my foster dogs. Shep, Monty, Shiloh, Scottie. I couldn't help it. Their stories and their lil faces just found a way into my heart and I didn't feel like anyone else could love them better than I could. Meh, it happens. hehe Unconditional love and a desire to help the helpless, the animals that get dumped and pushed aside and treated like they are worthless. It's a tough thing to do, the sad stories you hear, the things you see done to animals, the look in their eyes, having to let some go when all else has been exhausted, it hurts your heart to the very core. But more times than not, it is the most rewarding and heart-filling thing I have ever done. More times than not, there are great success stories and happily ever after endings and you encounter amazing people who make you forget about all the horrible people out there. I just wish I could do more......

Whew!! Ok, I think that is enough for one blog. Now that it is back on my radar though, I hope that I can make it a regular thing again.

Til then....

xoxo
S

No comments:

Post a Comment