Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I Will Never Get Over It
















Do you have something that has happened in your life and you just can't seem to get over it? I do. It happened years ago, but it still haunts me. I think about it every single day. Most days I am able to push it to the back of my mind and be ok. Some days I can't. This time there is a trigger so it makes sense why it is haunting me. That still doesn't make it any easier to deal with though. 

Time does NOT heal all wounds. It helps with some, but others, the ones that rock you to your core, do not ever heal. They linger, in wait, and reopen themselves often.

So what can you do about these wounds?

I cry. I obsess. I wonder "what if". I cry some more. I have a real shitty day. Or two. Or three. I cry.

And then, when I am lower than low, it will retreat to the back of my mind again. But I know it won't stay there.

It will return. And that is just a part of my life now.

Til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment