Monday, October 8, 2018

Politics Can Suck It

TV is my escape. I look forward to all my shows starting their new seasons in the Fall. Well, I used to..... This Fall I have noticed a change in many of my favorite shows and I couldn't figure out what the heck happened and why things felt different all of the sudden. I felt my excitement fade and I wasn't even caring if I missed several of my favorite shows. I mean, I have been invested in these shows for yearsssssssss, and I'm not one to quit on my shows. But..........................I am THIS close to sayin forget it for some of my favorite series because of one simple reason. Politics. Politics can suck it. I am so beyond over politics. It seems to never stop flooding social media, flooding my TV, flooding life. People have seriously become obsessed with politics and I have a real hard time finding what they actually love or enjoy out of life because all they ever talk about is stupid ass politics. I get on social media these days and scroll a little bit and then become so annoyed with all of the incessant political crap and bashing and hateful shit that spews out of everyone's mouths that I just close out. Now, the writers of some of my favorite shows have decided to pull the same crap and incorporate their stupid political views into my shows. TV IS MY ESCAPE. TV IS HOW I WIND DOWN AND TAKE A BREAK FROM THE STRESSES OF LIFE. I don't want the reality that I have shoved in my face every day showing up on my shows too. I guess I will have to start clicking and closing out of my shows too........ To quote Rockstar.........................I find this...........DISGUSTING.......and just 12 weeks after her daughter's birthday. Go back to making TV entertaining and focusing on getting your viewers to engage and feel, instead of just repeating all of the crap we already have to see every time we open our social media. 

And, now I'd like to give a SHOUT OUT to a few of my shows that have not jumped on this political bandwagon and are sticking with what a TV show should really be about, making you FEEL ALL THE FEELS................................This Is Us, The Resident, a million little things, God Friended Me, SEAL Team, The Good Doctor, Blue Bloods. If you don't watch those, you should check em out!!

To those shows of mine who have chosen to take the ENTERTAINMENT and the FEELS out of your scripts and replace it with political crap, SHAME ON YOU. I repeat, POLITICS CAN SUCK IT!!

Til next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment