Friday, October 5, 2018

Natural Remedies

I have never been one for taking prescription drugs. I just don't like it, don't trust it, don't want it. My mom is the same way. The most I ever take is two Aleve for headaches or elbow pain and I really don't even like doing that. Over the past several years, I have been into the natural and herbal remedies for things. I would much rather start there and see if something natural works for whatever ails me. If you Google "natural remedy" "herbal remedy" or even "natural herbal remedy" for whatever you have going on, you will see a lot of information pop up and learn other ways to treat issues other than pharmacy drugs. You can even go to Images and there will be posters shown that others have made with natural and herbal remedies for many different ailments. Now, this is a very broad range of ailments and I cannot speak to all of them. I can only talk about what I have personally tried and use for my own personal ailments. As with everything I do, research is key!!!!! DO YOUR RESEARCH!!!! Not everyone is going to say the exact same thing, and many times it is just about finding a starting point and then working toward finding what works for YOU. 

As I have gotten older and wiser and my brain seems to work on overtime and think too much and fill itself with all the what if's and any and all possible scenarios that could or could not happen, and it becomes too much sometimes. I call that my Anxiety. Something else that I have noticed more and more is that it feels like the inside of my head is swirling and swirling with ideas and things I need to do and I have a helluva time slowing the swirling down and focusing on just one thing and then the next and the next, etc. I call this my ADD. I have also developed some really crappy elbows lately. It hurts to even lift my coffee up to drink!!!! I'm also a high strung kinda gal. I get amped up easily. I have all the emotions and ain't skeered to show em. I'm sensitive. I'm outspoken. It's who I am and sometimes I exhaust myself and I'm sure I exhaust the people around me too. I also get the lovely stress headaches that like to hang out in knots in the back of my neck and spread up to my eyeballs and hang out for a day or so. And, lastly and grossly, I am one of the super lucky (sarcasm font) people who can get cold sores. Guh-ross!!!!!!! That one is obviously my least favorite, for obvious reasons.

So, allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll of that has lead me to finding ways I can treat all my personal ailments naturally and not have to be reliant upon prescription drugs for them. To help me chill out and calm the crap down, I have gotten Himalayan Salt Lamps. I diffuse Peppermint Essential Oil and other EO's in my diffuser and in lockets. They are nice, they are helpful. 

To help me with the grossy gross one, I take L-Lysine daily. Boom. Bye nasties!!

Recently, very recently, I have discovered something that helps me with my biggest issues, the anxiety and the attention issues, plus my headaches and elbow pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I researched and read and researched and read and researched and read. I don't take putting something into my body lightly. I want to understand it and read all the reviews and get a full grasp on something before I will give it a try. This was no different. I had been wanting to try to for a while, but was hesitant. I worried what people might think. But, then I remembered, I don't give a crap what people think lmao I am my own person. I think for myself. I make my own decisions. And this what about ME, about MY body, about MY personal issues that I wanted to get a handle on so that I could be a better me. What did I discover?? Well, I didn't discover it lol That makes me sound like Christopher Columbus or something. What did I decide to try out??? How's that?? Yeah. That's better. What did I decide to try out for my anxiety issues and my attention issues and my headaches and my elbow pain?????? I decided to try out CBD OIL!!!!!!!!!!!! Technically, I decided to try out the CBD Oil gummies (aka edibles) and see if they really truly lived up to their recent hype. Well, ya know what..........................they did. I researched and found some companies who are top in many of the reviews I read while researching. I had to do math and figure out the dosages and what would be a good starting point for my size. I started out small and found a level that worked. I don't take it daily or take more than is suggested. I take what works for me and helps me with my anxiety and ADD and headaches and elbow pain. These aren't daily issues, but happen multiple times a week for me. CBD Oil is good for soooooooooooooo many things!!!! I read many stories while I was researching of folks who had been taking prescription meds for years and once they tried CBD Oil and got their personal dosage figured out, they were able to toss those prescriptions all together!!! I also had a dear friend that I knew was the same as I am and takes the natural approach, so she was a huge help in answering my questions and helping me to talk through this decision and figure it all out. It's one thing to read things written by strangers, but it's another thing to be able to speak to someone you know and trust about something so personal as dealing with your personal issues on a natural level.

So, that's that. I have been trying to find something to post about to get back into my blogging, but you can't choose it, it has to choose you. This morning, it chose me and I knew this was what I wanted to post about to get myself back into the swing of blogging. I guess you could say that blogging is another of my natural treatments. It really helps when I get stuck on something that I can't sort out. Writing and venting help to clear your mind, so you can move forward.

Now if I could only find a natural treatment for my easily annoyed issues and dealing with stupid people issues and rage issues lmao ;) I think that might be called MAGIC.

Til next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment