Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Its my anniversary!!!



This rose is our love rose!! :) My hubby and I have spent 8 years as husband and wife and every year has just gotten better and better!!! We were together a year before we got married, and then a year after we got married, we had our Maxeroni!! It sounds boom boom boom, and well, it was!! When ya know, ya just know!! You may hear people say that and scoff at them, but its true. From the moment I met him, I knew he was my soul mate. How did we meet you ask?? Well its a silly story really. We met.........online!!! *gasp* This was back in 2000 and my divorce from my first marriage had finalized. I was staying home with Brodie and Hannah, who were 2 and 3 at the time. They were napping and I was bored so I got online. I went to a website that had a slideshow of singles. I giggled and got some chips and a Dew and put in my wish list for a guy and watched the slideshow. Blah blah blah munch munch munch. I wasnt taking it seriously at all, because lets face it, some of those guys just flat out scared me to pieces!!! Then HE popped up on my tiny little Compaq screen. His tagline was "Your Search Stops Here!!". I seriously laughed out loud, rolled my eyes and went, "Great, hes cocky!!". I read his story about what he was looking for and liked what he said. Then I figured he would be down in Evansville or something totally not close to me. He was in Nappanee!!!! Well, gosh, this couldnt be real. I was sure someone had snatched him up already, but what the heck, I decided to respond to him anyway not expecting a reply. He replied!!! Let me tell you, it was quite the "manly" reply too!! I got to know all about his vehicles and toys and how much mileage was on each of them and every single detail about them. Right away he was making me smile and laugh!! I wrote him back, and he wrote back, and on and on. This went on for MONTHS before we ever met face to face. By the time we met in person, I was already head over heels for this guy. He hadnt let me give in to my need for instant gratification. I wanted to meet him RIGHT NOW, and he told me no, that he "wanted me to find a fault in him first". Awww!!! I dont really think I ever did, but he gave in one day and came to see me. It was easy going and felt so natural to be with him. The kids met him, and dont tell him I told you this but.........this was when they were big into Blues Clues. They kept calling him something that I couldnt figure out what they were calling him. Rusty figured out that they were calling him Steve, the guy from Blues Clues. LOL!!!! Shortly after that I moved out of my house into a new place. Rusty and his friend came to help. I figured he had to like me if he was willing to undertake that ordeal after just meeting me!! :) Shortly after that, and many trips and visits back and forth to Nappanee/Rochester, he moved in with me. Shortly after that, he proposed. Then you know all the rest!! So thats our story!! I put together a video with 8 pictures from our wedding day to celebrate our 8 years of wedded bliss!! Enjoy!!

I cant wait to spend many many many many many many more years with this guy!! :)

xoxo

S

No comments:

Post a Comment