Friday, July 10, 2009

When is enough just pathetic??



I had this thought rumbling around in my head last night as I was trying to fall asleep. It was quite annoying but it had the voice of Carrie from Sex & the City acompanying it, so that made it tolerable. Here is my thought/question/ponderance:

We have all probably been told that if we want something to go after it and dont stop until we get it.......right??

If you havent been told this, then stop reading right now cuz you just wont get this at all.

Ive been told that, Ive had it pounded it my head to not be a quitter, to not give up and for the most part Ive lived by these "rules".

HOWEVER....

At what point, or is there a point, that your not quitting, your not giving up, your going after something and not stopping until you get what you want.........at what point do you just start to appear pathetic?? At what point is enough more than enough?? At what point are you appearing desperate?? At what point should you get the damn hint and stop already??

Now there are some things, that if its something that only you are involved with, or only you know about that you do, then that may be different......although maybe not, and you are just in denial. Those arent the things I am talking about in this particular blog, so we will worry about those another day. I am talking about the kinds of things that involve other people, that other people are perfectly aware of, that other people have a say in over you, that other people have control of over you. Where is that fine line that determines when they stop seeing you as persistent and dedicated and driven towards a certain cause.....and they start seeing you as desperate and pathetic and just wish you would get the hint already???

I battled this with myself last night and I came to a conclusion for myself regarding this particualr matter I am referring to. If you know me well though, you know that I love other peoples input and thoughts on things. I love to see things from an angle that I might not reach on my own. So tell me......when is enough just pathetic??

xoxo

S

2 comments:

  1. enough is pathetic when and ONLY when it is loses touch with reality ... from a ROB perspective (we share that never give up conditioning) ... It is admirable and necessary to not quit, and give your all, and sometimes even dig down and find more than you thought existed ... but there are key things to consider along the way ... the TYPE of resistance that you are met with and the reasons behind the resistance bear noting ... if a person finds themselves denied over and over and there is solid reasoning behind it when broken down, then it just may not be part of "the plan" .... other times "the plan" just seems to include a little extra adversity to aid us in the growing process ... its strictly up to you to decide which is the case in your situation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its possible that both of those may be relevant. Im just not entirely sure yet!!

    ReplyDelete